Sunday, May 14

Cubs Lose 9-0 and I give you 9 Celebrity Cubs Fans

Rather than talk about the shit show that was today's game I'm just going to list some famous people who like to associate themselves with the Cubs. I've picked nine, one for each run the friars put on the board today:



John Cusack -- Diehard cubbie fan even though he tried to see the Sox (and was dissed) last year. Is it a coincidence that he alwasy looks stressed/strung out and he's a cub fan? I don't think so.







Bill Murray -- Venkman, Raleigh St. Clair, Ernie McCraken, Phil Connors, Carl Spackler, Steve Zissou...the list goes on. Personally, my favorite celebrity cubs fan. He recently made news when playfully assaulting "for-mer cub-bie" Mark Bellhorn in the San Diego clubhouse. I'm gonna go watch The Man Who Knew Too Little now...






Eddie Vedder -- Had no idea until about six innings into today's mess that he wasn't from Seattle. Oh well, good one for the list.


Dennis Franz -- Sipowicz! Come on, it's Sipowicz!! Maybe he should get back in character and make an appearance in the club house to try to add a spark to our lifeless club. Short sleeves, a tie and that classic Sipowicz "WTF are you looking at" glare:




Steve Bartman -- Most on this list are famous for things outside of Wrigley. Not Bart-man. No need to re-count his heart-wrenching claim to fame.


Billy Corgan -- Another 'grunge' rocker. Unlike Vedder, he's been off the radar this century.


Jeff Garlin -- The "fat fuck" from Curb Your Enthusiasm. I've seen Garlin make a couple of appearances sporting Cubbie gear including this one in the '78 road jersey:




Jeremy Piven -- Pretentious asshole who's career peaked with PCU but I'll cut him some slack because he's a fan.




Al Capone -- The only deceased member of the list. I tried to dig up the photo of Capone with Hack Wilson but could only come up with this one: Cubbie hall of famer Gabby Hartnett chatting with Capone:


Apparently after this photo was published there was a ban on players speaking with people in the crowd.


Honorable mention:
Vince Vaughn
John Belushi
Pat Sadjak
Gary Sinise
William Petersen
William Sianis
Ronnie "Woo Woo" Wickers

9 Comments:

At 7:14 PM, Blogger Sheila McPherson said...

You forgot Carlos Bernard, formerly of "24". I loved how he drank from a Cubs coffee mug during one scene of the show.

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger DS said...

I knew I'd leave a few out (I'm sure there are others). Here's my excuse: I'm one of the three people in the country who does not watch 24.

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger Jim Hendry said...

Dude -

Pat SAJAK.

Also, Piven's career did not peak with PCU.... he's fucking money in Entourage, ya ignorant young scamp.

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger DS said...

Sajak, Sadjak...whatever. It's a typo but kinda fits the moment.

As for Piven, I KNEW you would bring up entourage. I don't see you denying the fact that he's a complete retard though.

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger Jim Hendry said...

Wow, so you knew I'd bring it up, eh?

Also, you get another wow for calling him a pretentious asshole for being interested in eastern religion & philosophy. Ouch.

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger DS said...

I didn't call him a "pretentious asshole" because he showed some interest in eastern religion/philosophy. I used that phrase because what I've seen from that show seemed contrived and disingenuous.

 
At 10:35 PM, Blogger Jim Hendry said...

Sarce --

much appreciated, sir, cheers. Hawk needs to be stood up to, especially because he doesn't watch 24.


Also, Hawk --
"contrived and disingenous"?? Did you just get word of the day toilet paper? Ho ho, Hawk, you are a man of the upper crust with these words!

 
At 11:19 PM, Blogger DS said...

Let's just get it all out there: I don't watch 24, lost, the sopranos or entourage.

JT -- I guess I should have just called it rubbish.

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Jim Hendry said...

Just for reference:

TheHawk only watches General Hospital, Trading Spaces, Bowling, and the Dog Whisperer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home