Top 5 San Diego Broadcasters' Quotes
Hypo suggested this general idea and I like it better than Sarce's idea of looking for a cubs messiah. Here we go:
5. "Do you think Rusch is rushing a bit?" -- Does Sarce work for the Padres?
4. "And the hits just keep a-comin', real hard holdin' back the smiles tonight" -- assholes
3. "Mabry is there to make the Franklin Stubbs-ian like catch!" -- I like obscure references
2. "Greg Maddux's average fastball is 84.3 MPH" -- acceptable when it's got movement, unlike tonight
1. "8-3 is a lot better than 7-3, you never know when an offense is about to break out" -- This was said with a serious tone but I fell out of my chair laughing