This Week in Dusty - 04/12 to 04/18
"It's warmer now. I looked at the weather last night, and it was 70 degrees in Minnesota, 65 in North Dakota and raining like [heck] in California. Usually, the wind doesn't blow out this time of year, either, here."
- Dusty tries his hand at Meteorology when discussing "juiced" baseballs, 04/12
"I've learned from hamstrings that when a guy says he feels good, you give him a couple extra days."
- Dr. Dusty on Jacque Jones, 04/13
"It seems like we have trouble keeping them in the ballpark. If we could keep them in the ballpark, it'd be different."
- Dusty breaks down the home run's impact on winning or losing, 04/13
"We're trying to take it slower versus faster. He is a rehab player. "
- Dusty on Kerry Wood [interpret that how you will], 04/15
"We want him to come here and throw the ball the way he's been throwing down there."
- Dusty on RP David Aardsma's callup. Is that too much to ask? 04/16
"That night, I had two friends with me and they were taking us to the airport. They were taking our wives, me, Kenny Landreaux and Derrel Thomas. I came around the corner in the parking lot and saw some Canadian dudes there. I saw Derrel's wife and her feet were up in the air. They'd pushed her out of the way, and we got into a fight in the parking lot. I was uppercutting this guy, and I guess we beat him up, and I got on the plane and my right hand started throbbing. I went to tell Tommy [Lasorda, Dodgers manager], and I said, "I think I broke my hand." He said, "What? How?" I told him: fighting."
- Dusty on the '81 World Series injury that almost held him back, 04/16