Thursday, April 13

A Link in Time...

Hello, all, I came across a pretty funny article and had to post it... If I think of something that is actually interesting to say on my own, I guess I'll post it here later... (Jeez, you guys are so freaking demanding!)

So here's the story:

Dusty Baker Not Worried About Cubs' Hot Start


EDIT:


So the line-up is in. Hairston Jr is starting for the second day in a row. This is going to start to really tick me off if he and Walker are basically splitting starts on the basis of the throwing hand of the pitcher. Hairston did fine yesterday and I'm no complaining, heck, I have nothing against the guy. But Walker deserves that starting position, just freaking once. He's deserved it ever since we traded Grudzielanek. Of course then he got injured. But he is healthy now, and playing well, so it is absolutely ludicrous to deny him half of the starts on the basis of which arm the pitcher uses to throw the ball. I know we can't complain if both guys continue to do well, so I suppose I'll reserve further criticism for when/if Hairston Jr's production falls off.

Pagan is again in RF, which is cool. Murton is batting fourth today, in front of Pagan, because Barrett is being rested and Blanco is catching. We'll see how this works out...

4 Comments:

At 3:23 PM, Blogger DS said...

Well...here we go again today. Dunn and Lopez have each homered for a total of 4 runs.

As I write this Murton just knocked one about 400 feet so maybe we will get the best of Milton.

Anyway, Hairston just made a SICK leaping grab for the 3rd out in the top of the 4th. I still support Walk 100% but I doubt he would have gotten to this one...

 
At 4:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This may be the ugliest lineup we've sent out there yet:

Pierre
Hairston
Lee
Murton
Pagan
Cedeno
Perez
Blanco
Zambrano

That hurts a bit.

 
At 10:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zambrano should bat 7th in that lineup!

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Jim said...

You guys are a day behind.

Hairston will probably start against left handed pitching, but that's not half of the time. There aren't that many left handed pitchers in the national league. Cinci and Pittsburg have more than their fair share.

No, Walker couldn't have made that catch at second. Few people could have. You have to give Hairston his due on the athleticism scale. However, even if he bats better this year than last, he's still not the run producer that Walker is. When the chips are down, Walks the guy you want at the plate. He fits in perfectly with Lee and Ramirez.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home