Attack of the Colour Red
Talk amongst yerselves as the fucken Reds stick around for some more gratuitous home run action. Discuss what you want, and let's watch GameCast until we puke from the sheer disorganized mess of graphics on our computer screens. I will be listening to Santo & Hughes, baseball's equivalent of the Golden Girls, so let's hope their infinite wisdom is not sleep-inducing as it often is.
- Jacque Jones out again.
- Aramis possibly sidelined with a "strained muscle in his buttocks" [cubs.com]. The jokes are obvious.
- Dempster chasing the team record of 22 consecutive saves in Cubbie blue [set by Joe "Sea Dog" Borowski in 2004]. He needs one to tie, and has thrown 26 1/3 consecutive scoreless innings.
- Zambrano's woes against the lefty. This season, RHBs are a combined .095 off El Toro, while LHBs are .429 so far this season. Ouch. Need I mention that the Reds are stacked with switch-hitters and leftys? Fuck.
- Is Michael Barrett one of the best catchers in the game? Peter Gammons sure thinks so, and Barrett's among the league leaders with 13 RBI already this season.
- Did anyone else catch some ESPN baseball discussions yesterday? The question was posed: "Is the NL Central the best division in baseball?", I guess because we have 4 teams with winning records [last I checked]. I laughed so hard that I fell off my stool and fractured my clavicle.
CIN - Eric "The Home Run is my Preferred Mode of Death" Milton [1-0, 2.57 ERA]
CHC - Carlos "The Fat Bull" Zambrano [0-0, 4.22 ERA]
Let's see what tidings today will bring.