Monday, April 3

Take Me Out to the Ballgame!

Or at least to a semi-decent PC with a working internet connection and viable browswer options. This way I can simultaneously run MLB.com's gamecast along with ESPN.com's gamecast and listen to the game at MLB.com. This way if someone calls my desk phone at work and I can't listen -- and one of the gamecasts gets messed up (as they ALWAYS do!) -- I can still be less than a couple seconds from the next update!

That's right, folks, Major League Baseball season has begun! And I was working on my alt-tabbing skills last night to make sure I don't get busted trying to watch a Cubs game(cast) at work.

Question of the day, and it is REQUIRED to post a comment: What are you doing in the last few hours before the opening pitch of the Cubbies' season???

zambrano2
I hope Zambrano is as excited as I am to start this season today.
History shows, he is probably much more excited.

8 Comments:

At 11:13 AM, Blogger DS said...

What am I doing in the last few hours before today's game? The same thing as you hypo...planning how I'm going to stay up to date with each pitch at work. I've been honing my alt + tab AND ctrl + tab (firefox tab switching shortcut for those who aren't cool enough to use FF) skills. I'm psyched for this game and the season in general. GO CUBBIES!!

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger Hyposquasher said...

Actually, I'm at work doing a tribal rain dance at my desk. It involves being in my boxers and smearing red and blue paint over various parts of my body, while dancing in a circle singing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" in my best John Cusack or Billy Corgan impersonation. I hear this type of activity is really good luck on gameday. Sure, my co-workers think I'm weird, but screw them, they're mostly Phillies fans anyway....

 
At 1:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The same thing we do every night, Pinky. Try to take over the world.

 
At 2:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leadoff triple to start the season! I love it! Bring him home Cubs! Nice hitting Walker!

 
At 2:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAH! Matt Murton's power is a question mark? WRONG!

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger Hyposquasher said...

Matt Murton is my personal hero... I am in love!!!

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger DS said...

Great stuff...5-0 in the 1st. Now let's see what Z can do.

 
At 6:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Z wasn't so great, but it was a pretty bad day for pitchers. Eyre and Dempster looked pretty good.

Murton, Walker, Pierre - these guys looked fantastic.

Pagan did a good job too, D-Lee showed tons of patience, drawing 3 BB, getting a hit, and some RBIs, and Hairston did pretty well too, hitting and defensively.

I really like this team. I will dismiss some of Zambrano's troubles as probably caused by a lot of the same things that caused other pitchers to have trouble today - tight strike zone, cold weather, wind blowing out.

I think our outfield defense is really what won this one for us. Dunn made some pretty big mistakes that lead to runs. I didn't see anything like that in our outfield.
Anyone see Murton's big catch in the bottom of the first? Very nice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home