Friday, March 24

10 Days...

"Ain't nothing on hold[!]"

So who am I quoting? Sure, it sounds like something from BA Baracus but it's Dusty (it's OK, I frequently confuse the two too). In a recent article Dusty confirms that time will in fact continue to pass without Prior and Wood in the rotation. Here's some more commentary on our current pitching situation.

As for the title of this post, I'm sure most of you realize but I wanted to make it abundantly clear to all 16 of our readers that we're just TEN days away from our home opener with Cincy! Unfortunately I won't be able to watch the game but maybe some of you who are lucky enough to work from home (read: JT) will be able to catch it. With any luck, I'll be listening at work.

5 Comments:

At 6:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, I am not so lucky that I will catch much of the opener.

I'm not really sure why Dusty felt compelled to acknowledge that nothing is "on hold." Did someone think MLB would pospone the season until Prior, Wood and Miller were ready to put in at least five innings every fifth day?

Let's hope that Murton, Jones, and Aramis stay hot to start the season, and that Pierre and Cedeno get hot very quickly.

 
At 1:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be at the game for you, and I'll throw out the first pitch.

 
At 6:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good day for pitching prospects, and a good day for the 5th spot in the rotation. Sean Marshall, Angel Guzman, and Rich Hill each pitched 4 innings, and Hill was the only to give up a run. Marshall, Guzman, and Aardsma combined for 27 no-hit outs against Oakland, while Koronka gave up a hit and a walk after recording two outs, but then recovered to finish the shut-out and record the win.

Good day for Barrett, too. 3 hits in 3 ABs, a homer, 6 RBIs, and two runs scored. He brought his average up over .300.

Some bad things too, like getting shut out for 9 innings by Oakland, and Williams giving up three runs but recording the win in his game. Cedeno is still struggling at the plate, but his defense looks great. The hitting will come around sooner or later.

 
At 6:16 PM, Blogger DS said...

damn lazlo, you beat me to it! I caught most of the no-hit fest on WGN. Agreed on both sides about Cedeno, his D is on.

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger Jim Hendry said...

Also, 10 days until LB becomes possessed with the fire and brimstone of everyday posting and thought from our sorry asses.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home