Friday, November 4

Weekend Plans

I have several things to do this weekend, including watching Penn State take on Wisconsin for the Big Ten lead, but a late addition to my schedule is Adam Greenberg's diary.

Who?

Yes, Adam "I got drilled in the head with my 1st Major League at-bat and spent time on the DL" Greenberg. Well, he's playing winter ball in Venezuela (I bet Murton hates his guts, getting stuck in Mesa), and cubs.com asked him to keep a diary. Let me tell you, it's riveting stuff. He talks about TV and subtitles, Pepsi, and his hunts for fast food chains in Latin America.

Rest assured I will curl up on the chaise longue with a nice chilled glass of Pinot Grigio and drink in every word. My weekend is looking up.


Greenberg's Diario (cubs.com)

6 Comments:

At 6:44 PM, Blogger Jim said...

You damn liberals and your damn silly girly drinks!

Lazy-Boy has announced an earnings warning in connection with hurricane Rita. They only received 50 percent of their stuffing for the month.

That's bad news for couch potatoes, but maybe not. Maybe they'll have a big sale?

 
At 11:42 PM, Blogger Jim said...

Okay, JT, I admit I got a little carried away today. Off my meds, as they say. Sorry about that.

 
At 12:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greenberg's diary is pure literary genius. He is the Anne Frank of Major League Baseball.

Actually, I think it is interesting that we are finally getting some information about what goes through the heads of prospects before they come up. However, it would be nice if it were edited down a bit.

 
At 1:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jim-

Stay off the meds. They just give you that stuff so that you'll conform. They're in your head, man.

 
At 1:07 AM, Blogger Jim said...

Whose Greenberg's ghost?

 
At 8:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Corey Patterson.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home