Thursday, July 14

Oh you guys

Tomorrow. ESPN. Cubs. Pirates. Wrigley. Wood. Some Pirates pitcher.


Live updates, inning-by-inning as best I can, coming all day tomorrow (hopefully) from 2.20 pm ET until the end of the game. I'll put up an open thread so if anyone's watching and near their computer, they can throw in their 2 cents.

Josh Fogg, I knew that's who the Pirates' pitcher was. Oh well. No more box scores for us, we're moving up in the world!

EDIT: Add yr comments/observations here, if yr watching the game. After a 17 pitch 1st inning for Wood and a 4-pitch 1st inning for Fogg, the Pirates snagged a solo HR from Jose Castillo. The Cubs just cancelled that out in the 2nd -- after a lead-off Burnitz double, Ramirez and Hollandsworth grounded out/popped out, and Neifi just sliced an RBI single into left field. Now Barrett clubbed a 2-out single, moving Neifi to 3rd. 1-1, 2 outs, bottom 2. Keep the comments coming.

12 Comments:

At 12:15 PM, Blogger Jim said...

I just wanted to be first today. "Let's play two!"

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger Jim Hendry said...

I'm feeling good about today. Kerry on the mound (let's see how that arm is), and we're facing Josh Fogg, another ballerina-type pitcher: soft-ish arm (fastball around 87), bad stuff, good curveball that needs a lot of control, rarely takes the game past 6 innings. He's 1-2 in his last 10 starts, and although he did put a good start on the Mets on my birthday (7 IP, 5 H, ER), that is definitely a rarity.

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger Jim Hendry said...

Sorry, 7 IP, 2 ER.

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger Jim said...

Wood sure can hit.

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger Jim said...

So can Aramis.

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger Jim said...

Lee has a single. Burnitz is two for two. He needs a triple and a homer for the cycle. I haven't seen that done in a while.

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger Jim Hendry said...

Yeah, I'm loving this. Wood retired his last 8 straight, all the big hits... if only ESPN had different commentators (which is not a big deal considering this early-doors shellacking of Josh "Marshmallow" Fogg).

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Jim said...

Where's The Hawk? I need a beer!

 
At 3:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No one is going to beat WGN for commentating in my opinion. At least it's not the White Sox guys.

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger Jim Hendry said...

I agree about WGN, Lazlo.

Oh and Jim, I don't know about you, but I'm getting pretty drunk off watching Wood pitch today.

We even got to see a Neifi-to-Aramis force out. How dumb can you be to try and make 3rd on a groundball his right to the SS?

I also wish the Hawk could buy me a beer.

 
At 4:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you are into "dallas swinger" like my wife and I are. You will find lots of info on "dallas swinger" at "dallas swinger".
Check us and it out, lol.

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger Roberto Iza Valdés said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home