Tuesday, August 9

Clarification

The anger will spill over the next 3 days, with Pt. 1: The Regulars, coming tomorrow. Other posts might come today, mainly dealing with the here-and-now and how the Cubs are looking deader than James Dean.

It's frustrating to watch us get clearly outplayed by teams that are clearly not that much better than us, to see it on television all week, and to know that we've gone from having our destiny in our own hands to a much weaker position whereby we're going to have to rely on the shortcomings of all our opponents in order to have any chance whatsoever. Gah, I need to get to work, and apologies for the sporadic posts - my first book goes to print tomorrow (it's not as exciting as it sounds, but it's still a fact nonetheless) and it's taking up a lot of my time. However, my mother (and countless mothers before her) once said 'if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all," so is it any wonder that LB has been oft-silent?

The Morning-After Vitriol
Pt. 1: The Regulars
Pt. 2: The Pitching "Staff:
Pt. 3: The Bench, the Coach, The GM

In a related note, where have my LB brethren gone?

2 Comments:

At 11:03 PM, Blogger Eric said...

Mark my words: no playoffs. It's over for our beloved Cubbies.

 
At 11:21 PM, Blogger DS said...

where have I been?? Let's see, in the past ten days: alabama, georgia, michigan, indiana and ohio (i'll spare you specific cities...the list would go on and on). I'll make an effort to post more but I'm starting to lose interest mainly because I just get depressed/pissed off when I follow the games as of late (I will continue to follow this train wreck we're calling a season though). On a positive note, how 'bout them bears pulling it out over miami??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home