Monday, April 10

Ho-LEE Shit!!!

Hey guys, just wanted to be the first to report the good news. It seems that our beloved Cubbies and the Super-Duper Derrek Lee have reached a 5 year deal. The deal includes a no-trade close and is thought to be somewhere in the realm of $65 Million ($13 Mil. a year). Here's the official story....http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2404132.

I can't even begin to describe how great this is for the organization. We've locked up what I consider to be the best player in the game (Screw Pujious and his lower batting average, no gold glove and somehow still getting the MVP while playing the same position less effectively ass) for what should be his prime years. I also think it's great that Derrek will now be the highest paid Cub, passing both Kerry-would-if Kerry-could and Ara-missing-the-ball-constantly-so-far-this-season-Ramirez. Now don't get me wrong, I love both those guys, but definately think Mr. Lee deserves top billing.

Ahh, and we're also currently tied for the lead in the old NL Central. I know it's really really really early, but it's nice none the less. Let's hope Glendon Dont-Rusch-Me-I'm-pitching can get us of to a good start tomorrow against those sluggers the REDS. I guess we know not to pitch to Arroyo tomorrow.

And now I've noticed that as I was writing this post that fag The Hawk has beat me to it. Damn, guess I wasn't the first, but I'm still real excited. Peace out Bitches.

2 Comments:

At 11:35 PM, Blogger DS said...

Look who figured out how to make a hyperlink!! I guess posting a pic is still out of your league though.

Thanks for stepping on my post...ass.

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger Hyposquasher said...

I'm glad you guys were both watching Baseball Tonight when I was last night.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home