Monday, April 3

Enter, Sarcia...

Alright, so I don't have a lot of time to leave a post and I do realize that that is kind of lame considering this is my inaugural appearance on LB, but hey it happens. And yes I'd like to apologize for not getting my ass in gear earlier, say anytime last season, but hey it happens. Anyway, anyone who knows me knows my tendency to rant and say "go off the deep end" so I hope it wasn't a mistake for you all to invite me to the blog. I might drive you crazy with in a few weeks if the Cubs start heading down the DUSTY Road again this year. (Is that funny, I can't really tell?)

Anyhow, I just got done watching the game (I Tivo'd it, best invention ever) and much like my arch nemisis BRANT-MAN i have to say overall I was very impressed. I agree with the evil BRANT-MAN's blog on just about all counts so instead of retyping it myself I'm simply going to elaborate on it slightly.

One thing the simple minded B-Man forget to address was the spark that all of our recently acquired speed set off. I mean, did anyone else see how many infield hits we had? It was incredible, very effective and a very welcome addition to the offense. Also, I know Cedeno's offense wasn't great, but I don't know if I've ever seen anyone lay down such a beautiful bunt with an 0-2 count and then beat it out for a hit....incredible. He earned major points with me for that one. And lastly, how about Adam Dunn looking like an absolute moron several times. I counted 3. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed that. I think he's just a big ol MOOK and it was nice to see him act like one. Ahhhhhhhhhh, and how could I forget Todd Walker. I'm a huge Walker supporter and I'm glad he came through today. Definitely one of my favorite cubbies and I think he should start every game.

So that's it for now. I guess this turned out to be a decent length afterall. Hopefully we'll keep this up and make it a season to remember.

* How about Manic Matty

4 Comments:

At 12:23 AM, Blogger DS said...

Well holy shit, it only took you what? A year to accept the invite? Anyway, welcome little guy. I agree with both you and hypo about the game today, plenty to be excited about. For me, the best part about our new-ish squad is the fact we have a TRUE lead off man. No more CP, no more forcing guys into places in the batting order they don't belong and no more CP. I'm also excited that we're bunting on a regular basis.

Maniac Matty? Did you get that one from Dusty? I'm waiting for JT to chime in on this one cause we're not cutting it.

In other news, the boys are off tomorrow and will be ready to beat the hell out of Cincy again on Wednesday. Looks like that one's on ESPN so I might be heading into work late that day (12:35 EST start so that's 9:35 for me...).

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger Hyposquasher said...

What the!?! Haha, Sarcia, what is going on, welcome to our blog. So after editing the shit out of your post to fix the two hundred spelling errors (who is this Cub you know as "Cedono"?) I went back and re-read it to see if there is a coherent thought there. It turns out, there is! So congratulations on that.

No but seriously, Lazlo pointed out the Cedeno bunt as well, so I'll have to claim blindness on that one, as I don't get to watch the games on TV most times. I'm glad to hear it was a nice bunt, and as you pointed out, it's nice to see the Cubs bunting regularly.

Did anyone notice the hit-and-run they had on at one point? I shoulda made a note of it to say who was at bat and who was on. I wanna say Pierre on second base with D-Lee at bat. Either way, he fouled it off, so it ended up being a no-go. But I remember thinking, "The Cubs? Hit-and-run? Same sentence? Things could be different this year after all!" If I'm not mistaken, that wasn't the only one either.

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Jim said...

The CedeƱo bunt was a thing of beauty. You could see the kid's determination to get it right after fouling off two in a row. Nobody expected it to work. Only the most accomplished bunters are able to get the bunt down on an 0 and 2 count. It just never works out.

 
At 10:06 PM, Anonymous Lazlo said...

Welcome, Sarcia.

It's an off day, so I just thought it would be interesting to report on an ex-Cub. Sergio Mitre shutout the Astros for 6 innings before being taken out of the game! He's in line for a win over Pettite, who gave up 10 runs, 7 earned, in 4 2/3 innings.

Basebally is really fun this early in the season. I love all the crazy stats. I do think Murton can bat .600 for the season though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home